Building a HT setup need some help

Silver Member
Username: Imi4tth3w

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 242
so i'm moving to a new house in a couple months here and i want to set aside some funds to get a nice set-up for when i move in. here's some more info on the whole thing.

we have a big room that is going to have my friends projector in it and want to set it up as our movie room/dance party room. this house is pretty much a party house.

now in my truck i have a single 18" RD Alpha i'm thinking about retiring for two badder 18's later. but i need some help with building a box and powering this bad boy and building a nice enclosure for it.

for power i've looked into some plate amps, but not sure what would be best. google found me the dayton spa1000 but for all i know that could be some chinese junk better off in the trash can.

now for the enclosure, like i said this sub will be used for movies, but also for being stupid loud blasting music for parties. just so you guys know there aren't any neighbors for over 500 yards any direction so no need to worry about bothering them. i've built many enclosures for cars but i'm new to houses. this room is pretty big so there is plenty of room for this box.

haven't made an plans yet on the towers or the head unit yet but i'll get to that later in a different sub forum if needed, thanks for the input guys!

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 1510
Paging Jordan Powell.....
Paging Jordan Powell.....

He's got some input and experience in a line real similar to this!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us