Integrated for B&W CM7s?

Username: Jazzcrimes

Post Number: 1
Hello,

My current system consists of B&W CM7s, a Rega P2 turntable, and lossless music streamed via iTunes and an Airport Express. At the moment this is all running through an Onkyo TX-SR804 AVR w/ the Airport Express connecting via toslink.

I'm looking for an integrated amp and a separate DAC to replace the Onkyo (unless I find a decent integrated with a DAC). Analog is important and I'll eventually upgrade to a P3. I have no plans to go back to a dedicated CD player and will continue to use the lossless iTunes solution for digital (may eventually move to a Mac Mini connected directly to a DAC).

An obvious choice for B&W is Rotel RA-1520. However, I'm also interested in either Naim Nait 5i or the Rega Mira 3. The challenge is finding a Rega dealer that also has B&W to try the CM7 -> Mira 3 combo. Anyone have opinions of the Naim or particularly the Mira 3 with B&W? I've listened to both with the Rega RS3/5 and various Totems, but never the B&Ws. I've also demoed the Rotel/CM7 combination but not in the same dealer - so comparisons are difficult. Any other combinations you'd suggest with the CM7s?

Room is 12 x 20 feet. I'd like to keep the integrated to < $1500 USD and another $500 - $1000 USD for a DAC. Music is quite varied with the focus being acoustic jazz.

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Gold CoastAustralia

Post Number: 2800
Google this:

Peachtree Audio Nova Hybrid Integrated Amp Usb Dac.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3550
Interesting little unit M.R. Seems to do a little of everything. Even has a tube stage in it?

Platinum Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 11916
The Peachtree Nova is an extraordinary piece..

Username: Jazzcrimes

Post Number: 2
Hello again.

I've recently had a chance to audition a Naim NAIT XS. I was extremely impressed with this integrated paired with both Totem Rainmakers and Hawks. Unfortunately, there is seemingly no where in a reasonable vacinity that carries both Naim and B&W to hear a demo of the NAIT paired with the CM7s.

Anyone have experience with the NAIT XS and CM7s (or other B&W's)? My only concern would be if the 60wpc is enough to power the 88dB spl CM7s.

Thanks.

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 12212
If power is your only concern, then you should relax. The XS can easily drive your speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Hawkbilly

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 831
Can you drop your credit card at the shop and take the Naim home for a test drive ? Or buy it with the agreement it can be returned within ? days if it doesn't work out for you ?

Personally I think the two companies (Naim and B&W) are in different camps, so I wouldn't think their products would naturally align, but you never know until you put them together. It might be just your cup of tea.

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 12213
Look at the latest rage with Naim and Sonus Faber...stranger things have happened.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us