Nad c375bee

Silver Member
Username: Unbridled_id

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 409
Just went up on their website. Looks nice.

Gold Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1577
http://nadelectronics.com/products/hifi-amplifiers/C-375BEE-Integrated-Amplifier

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3388
There's also a C326BEE...

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13129

"Just went up on their website."

Just curious, do you check daily?

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 11161
ID is a NAD member and as such has selected the option of website notification for updates.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13131

Wow! That's impressive! I didn't know they did that.

Silver Member
Username: Hawkbilly

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 408
"Distortion Canceling Circuit" ???? Someone's gonna have to explain that one to me.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 8225
Having heard the M3 I'm not sure I'd brag about it were I them. A friend who shall remain nameless has one to audition and it's awful...wow..

Having listened to it a dealer I had no idea that it was as bad as it is. I thought it was a bit bland...no just bad!

Here's to hoping the C375BEE is better.

Silver Member

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 410
"ID is a NAD member and as such has selected the option of website notification for updates".

How did you find out?

Silver Member

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 411
"Just went up on their website."

Just curious, do you check daily?

Jan don't ever change. You are still the lovable curmudgeon you have always been. I am thankful for many things, you being one of them. Continue to educate me as I am willing to learn. Actually I posted this to read the responses which I knew would come. I like you guys and you are consistent, predictable but consistent. But all that aside a happy thanksgiving to everyone here.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13133

Nothing "curmudgeonly" about that question. Just curious. That someone keeps up with new model introductions is, IMO, unbelievable. I didn't do that when I was selling because usually last year's stuff was just the same as this year's stuff only with a different facepalate and another wonderful new acronym for some wonderful new circuit they had invented this year and would forget buy the time next year's wonderful new circuit rolled into the market.

I listened and listened to live music all those many years and it never changed at all while most of the audio manufacturers would have you think they had made music sound absolutely different - and more wonderful - this year than they could last year.

Whatever! My faith is restored that some things never change while others do so constantly.

Silver Member

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 412
Don't over analyze things Jan, just threw a post up when I saw the thing. One of these days I am going to go to Vegas and on the way perhaps I can stop by the casa del Vigne and you can show me your gear. But... you buy the beer and I want micro-brew, none of this domestic macro crap! Jan, you are all heart. Happy thanksgiving to you and yours.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11166
If it gets any sweeter, I am gonna hurl.

Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends!

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13135

I don't know why in every post you accuse me of doing something nefarious. I didn't over analyze anything. I stated a fact and gave my opinion, that's all.

On a certain level this is the way the audio industry has operated for decades. One of my disappointments with NAD gear is they promised way back in 1977 to be a "different" type of audio company. The last decade at least has proven that not to be true in most respects. If this is where NAD wants to play, that's their choice and I'm not stomping my feet in protest. I'm just saying they are now among the "Hey, look at the XYZ circuit we invented for this year" crowd. I find that just a touch sad.

Would I still rather have a NAD amplifier than a Pioneer? There's probably not even anything to debate there. But what NAD is now isn't what many of us expected back in their early days. Apparently they fill a niche and have their supporters and that, at least, is a good thing.

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3398
Actually, our view is that their niche isn't enough. The bland grey fascia is always a turnoff in terms of the WAF factor, yet NAD continue to produce it. The Titanium finish is worse looking (!) so that didn't help sales either. The sound is very god and price for price, at the low end (i.e. up to the C37x range) they are better than anything else around. But sadly, that's not good enough since at that level, aesthetics become ever more important.

We're giving up, we need product that sells, so we're going over to Marantz (ARGH!). From a music point of view, the NADs are better, but from a fit and finish perspective the Marantz wins every day of the week...sadly...

Silver Member

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 413
I understand where you are coming from Jan, and I respect and agree with having a healthy skepticism with audio. I don't know if the distortion canceling circuit actually does what it says; I imagine to some degree it does. Perhaps it adds more distortion than it subtracts. I personally like the Bee clamp circuit, sounds like a wrestling hold Baron Von Rashke would apply. Where does marketing end and useful implementation of technology apply? But again I am not an engineer and have not read the white papers. You are not nefarious jan, you are just the way you are and that is a good thing. Frank I do agree the Titanium look is really bad but that is not available in North America (doesn't help much on your side of the pond). Actually the new upper end classics look "better" than they have in the past, not exciting in a Japanese kind of way but not bad at all. Have you seen any of the pics of the unit, it looks sleek doesn't it?

Silver Member

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 414
I know how you folks feel about Nad overall
sort of a stepping stone to bigger and better. For me I suppose I have found a brand I like and much like my parents stick with it until I get burned. Well the cap blowing on my c272 was a bummer I have to admit but not a deal breaker as their tech guy B. Moran took care of it. I have sold my c272 to a fine gentleman who will use it along with 4 others in his 5.1 home theater. I have been interested in what is replacing it and have been attempting to keep up with it. I have a passive pre and will more than likely pair the new 2 channel c275 with it. Who knows, perhaps when some of you hear the new gear you may be surprised? I know of a couple of folks who preferred "overall" the sound of the c372 to the M3.

Silver Member

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 415
I know I already did this yesterday but again, happy Thanksgiving to everyone on this board (yes you too Jan). I do give thanks for forums like this one and avs, av 123, and audio asylum. I have much to learn and always try to keep an open mind when other voice their opinions.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 8239
Happy Thanksgiving Id.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 2110
Art- What were the other gear used when you auditioned the M3?

Frank- Marantz? My good god man...lol.

ID- Stick with what you like. NAD is still the best sounding gear for the entry level into Hi Fi IMO. Their AVR's are still the top 3 sounding AVR's on the market, again, IMO. There a little stir the pot action on the NAD bashing.lol. OH!!! And ID!! Titanium NAD;s are fully available in Canada. My dealer has a bunch of it...and I have one in my Theater. shhhhhhh Keep that a secret OK?lol. I actually prefer it to the dark gray. How is that for ya?haha

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3405
Nick,

Tell me about it. I'm crying inside. I really don't want to lose NAD. It's such a good bit of honest to God HiFi for enthusiasts, but why can't they for goodness sake accept that the grey finish is pants, that it looks pants, and that they are loosing sales hand over fist to the likes of Marantz, Denon (!), Yamaha et al just because of the damned finish?!

As for the Masterclass, that actually looks pretty good to my eyes, even if it still doesn't look as classy as the competition.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2115
LOL I agree Frank.

Frank- have you heard the NAD M3? If so, what did you think of it?

Silver Member
Username: James_the_god

Lancaster, Lancashire England

Post Number: 715
I don't like the new age NAD-ness. My local store stocks them and I find the sound today isnt as good as it was with NAD and neither is their quality! Casework is flimsy and Eastern production shows varying colour tones between NAD units. I can't find something I like more overall than my 3130 I bought about a year ago (which is good, infact brilliant)! I only hope it doesn't let me down.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13144

" I only hope it doesn't let me down."

Stay true, stay out of bars after 1 in the afternoon and never ask if it you can borrow $50.

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3412
Nick,

Nope, not had the opportunity.

Silver Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 382
Could one of the problems w/NAD be that they have been bought/sold 2 or 3 times?

bad idea if you value continuity.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11247
For most people Leo, having the same name and color is continuity.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2161
NAD has been owned by Lenbrook in Pickering,Ontario for as long as I have been alive.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 383
So much for 'under new management' !

Silver Member
Username: James_the_god

Lancaster, Lancashire England

Post Number: 716
I've just bought a NAD model 60. Its epic. I'm finding that the further I go back with NAD, the better they get. The best part about it is its in top condition and just been serviced. I love the VU meters!
Best amplifier build wise I've owned and the sound quality is pretty brilliant too.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 384
I just read the list of 'features' of the new NAD stuff, over on the other NAD thread.
Big Deal.
My 1700 tuner/pre had quite a number of these features, most of which weren't even new in '86 when I bought it.
3xturnover tone controls w/defeat
Switchable 20hz 'rumble filter'='subsonic' filter
2 tape loops with tape thru function, so you could copy tapes and listen to another source.
Very good tuner, FM vgood / AM, just ok
Full NAD system remote...no learning function, though
Good phono pre section. MC / MM, too!
2 sets of preamp outputs...one at 10v for long runs.
Another I/O loop for equalizers and such
-20db muting.
Headphone jack, 1/4",
NO 12v / network features, though

So, whats the big deal with the current feature set?

Silver Member

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 419
I believe the goal is refinement and not reinvention. Though I was not in the room when the design goal discussion was taking place. Leo, it is good to see I am not the only one excited about Nad's new offerings. Next month out comes the c275 and as soon as spearit sound gets in some refurbs it is mine.

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3443
Looks like the infamous grey has gone in favour of graphite at last...!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11262
Refurbs in 3...2...1...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2177
LOL

Silver Member

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 424
The new classic series looks very nice. Nad has got the minimalist look down and yet seem stylish as well.

Refurbs in 3...2...1... Nuck, I am thinking about March (hopefully February).

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11269
Refurbs seem to come up so very quickly, I wonder where they come from so soon.
Re-inspected preproduction units?
Production line defects?

Silver Member

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 425
From their website...

Here are a few examples of how something might become refurbished:

Since many stores have return policies, perfectly good items are returned that have absolutely nothing wrong with them. These items are returned to the manufacturer, inspected, tested and repackaged like new.

Items where the box was damaged in shipment. These are returned to the manufacturer for repackaging.

The item was returned to the manufacturer because of a defect. Trained, factory personnel corrected the defect and the item is repacked like new.

The item was returned because of a cosmetic blemish on the casing. Major cosmetic issues are corrected although minor ones may remain.

Factory demonstration units are also considered factory refurbished. This might mean a sample shown at a show or a sample loaned for review. The units are inspected, tested and repackaged.

The box was simply opened. That's it!

Brand new overstocked items are also labeled factory refurbished.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11286
I dig, ID, but if I am a manufacturer, I dont want these things out there too soo, for various reasons.
This just kind of evolved, I am neither pro or con, really.

Silver Member

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 426
So what you are saying is that you think the brand identity may be adversely affected by the appearance of refurbished items so soon? I can see that point of view, but for myself and others I see it as a chance to get an essentially new unit, that has been tested, and cleaned for 25% off. The c275's msrp is 1200 so that is a 50% increase over its predecessor and I basically want as much as I can get for as little as I can pay.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11290
Yeah, I dig, man. You gotta figgur that a unit that has been bench tested and repaired is going to be 'better'.

I just wonder about putting a new product out there when refurbs are so close behind, that's all, from NAD or anybody else.
But if it is better for us, then away we go.

Silver Member

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 427
Honestly Nuck, I have no idea when the refurbs for the new gear will be available.
It may not be for several months past the release date, I was hoping it would be only a couple but I do not have any idea one way or another.

Bronze Member
Username: Kbear

Post Number: 84
We're giving up, we need product that sells, so we're going over to Marantz (ARGH!). From a music point of view, the NADs are better, but from a fit and finish perspective the Marantz wins every day of the week...sadly...

Frank, what about Cambridge? Definitely more visually appealing than NAD.

Is Marantz really that bad? I kind of see them being just below NAD and Cambridge, but higher than anything at the big box stores.

I prefer NAD's grey faceplate to the new graphite one. The grey one always looked subtle and classy to me.}

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3462
Dan,

I've played with the Marantz's just below the Naim entry level. The Marantz's are £700 and £630 where the Naims are £850 and £750 - a difference of £270. Factor in a decent interconnect for the Marantz (the Naim's is free remember) and the price is even closer of course. It's just no comparison on ordinary CD with the Naim wiping the floor with the Marantz. On SACD the Marantz does well in the quality stakes but still loses out in terms of ultimate engagement. I must say the Marantz kit does look very nice, very well put together and nicely substantial, but then the Naim just looks smart and discreet.

Cambridge Audio is exclusively dealt with by Richer Sounds in this country as far as I know.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
I didn't know that about Cambridge. Over here (in Canada) they are available in many independent specialty audio shops. They actually have quite a wide amount of distribution. I would say it's likely that more stores carry Cambridge in my area than any other single brand.

Username: Wdrazek

Post Number: 6
Not to butt in too quickly here but I always thought the gray was very drab and the new black looks good online (have not seen in person yet).

What troubles me is that NAD has really ramped up the prices in the US. But, with the new black fascia I would be much more likely to buy it than the 372, all else equal.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
This was always the pic I liked of the 372. Granted, it looks like they photoshopped that light bouncing off the center of the faceplate, which enhances the look. It's clearly a marketing shot.

http://www.avland.co.uk/nad/c372/c372.htm

I saw NAD every time I went to Bay Bloor Radio in Toronto, and I always thought they looked good. But that was in a somewhat dark setting, which probably makes the gray look a bit darker and richer than it really is.

Username: Cpva

Post Number: 6
I have a T585 in the more traditional gray and a C352 in the later graphite. In low light, it's very difficult to distinguish between the two. Only in direct light can you tell a marked difference. The gray really washes out and looks as drab as drab can be.

Funny thing is, in indirect natural light, the last of the gray fascias had what appeared to be a hint of blue in them, which I thought was rather attractive.

Chris

Gold Member

Post Number: 2275
Just to add. New NAD CDP's are now out. Along with this one that looks promising for the money. Now uses the Wolfson DAC's.

http://nadelectronics.com/products/cd-players/C-565BEE-CD-Player/

Silver Member

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 436
The new Nad classics seem to undercut Cambridge's newer azur line in price by quite a bit. The 565 is half the price of the 840 and 400 less than the 740 cdp. The c375 is 500 less than the 840A and you can add both a dac and phono stage. And the c165/c275 combo is 1/2 the price of the cambridge 840w/840e. Nad has raised the prices on their masters series amps, M3 is 2999 and the M25 is 3500. I for one like the new look, and it was about time at least some effort was made to "update" the classic series' appearance.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2276
I talked to my dealer the other day about some new various pieces of equipment he just got in stock. He was saying that the new NAD stuff has much improved over their last offerings in sound and build quality. That is the second reputable owner of a hi fi shop that I have heard that from. It seems NAD is making a comeback.

Silver Member

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 437
Well Nick I am selling my c272 and getting the c275, actually that is a story in itself. You saw the pics of the new gear I sent you, Nad has made the effort to improve the classic series. I imagine it will not make any converts of those who are not enamored with their house sound though.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2277
Indeed. And you right, it probably wont.

Username: Tom_v

Post Number: 1
Do you guys know when the C565BEE is getting released in the uk?

Username: John_redman

WaterloovilleUK

Post Number: 1
just got a C375Bee Amp and a C565Bee Both Sound Really Nice But the amp I may have to send back as it keeps cutting out protect relays keep going clunk sometimes so fast sound doesnt get interupted. Wish id stuck with my 1155/2200 Preamp/Poweramp Now Not Impressed.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12421
Maybe just a new piece fluke, JR?

Username: John_redman

WaterloovilleUK

Post Number: 2
Hi All Just Wanted to update My Post on My C375Bee Have Now Fixed the Overheating / Cutting Out Problem By Changing The Speaker Cable From 2.5mm2 Core Cable To 6mm2 Core Oxygen Free Cable, Sounds A Lot More Detailed So I now really impressed With Setup.
C375BEE Amplifier, C565BEE CD Tannoy J30 Speakers

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 11045
Would love to see a pic of those Tannoys.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13821
Good to know, JR.
Cables are more than simple wires, huh?

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 586
How large are wires referred to above in AWG?
Just curious.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us