NAD 355 or MARANTZ PM7200? PLS help!

Username: Frank_ding

Post Number: 1
Hi Gentlemen, I have owned a pair of wharfedale EVO 2-30, the sound is nice!

My current Amp is MARANTZ PM7200, CD player is MARANTZ CD5003, and my favorite music is classical music.

The dealer suggested me that I should upgrade the Amp to NAD 355, it is more powerful & can control the bass better, it is more suitbale for playing symphony.

Please help me to make a decision! Thank you!

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 2291
Ask your dealer if you can give it an audition in your home - otherwise 'heads Marantz, tails NAD'

Post Number: 2
Hi M.R. thank you very much for your advice, that's exact way which I am planning to do, but I am not so sure if my dealer would agree that, I will try!

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 2292
hearing a component with your own set-up and surroundings is obviously the optimum way to see if it is going to be a fit. Not always possible. I pay my dealer for the component, take it home for a day or two and either take it back for a refund or keep it.

More power is always preferable, but more watts doesn't give much more power unless it's a huge amount of watts difference. Performance counts.

Post Number: 3
Dear Mr. M.R, I apprecaited your very good advices!

I just talk with my dealer, she agreed that I may take the NAD 355 bee home with free and make a try. If I am satisfied, then I buy, otherwise, just return it back.

The price of NAD 355 in my place is much higher than MARANTZ PM7200. Say $800, Double price than PM7200.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us