Connecting a sony PS-LX40P turntable to separate amp

Username: Bee

Post Number: 1
I have had a sony system with the above mentioned turn table for years, but as the system is now defunct. I have noticed that there is another lead that seems that it can only be connected to the sony system. Can someone tell me if this is for power? Also is there a way I can connect this turntable to a separate amp.

Cheers,

Bee

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 12536

The cable probably is for power as most rack systems used one single power transformer in the amplifier and simply tapped off that transformer to send AC to each component in the rack. The single inputs are probably typical RCA's as you would find on most separate tables. But you'll have to find a way to feed AC to the table at the appropriate voltage before the table will operate. Unless you don't care about this table, which you probably shouldn't - the chances of it working with anything other than your old rack are fairly slim, you shouldn't try plugging this directly into a wall outlet.

Username: Wierdo

Post Number: 1
The turntable is meant to be powered by a 12v DC supply from the stereo unit. You can use an external 12v supply rated at least 500mA. The wire with a white stripe is negative, the centre wire is unconnected and the third is positive. Hope this helps someone despite being a year late!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us