Cassette player is stuck, please help!

Username: Themusicman

Post Number: 1
This thing is driving me up the wall. Its an older model tape/phono/radio combo so its tough to pull the cassette part out and examine. The thing is stuck in a "play" state, the wheels aren't spinning or anything. The contacts where the tape is read are stuck in the up position like if it was being played or recorded. It takes some luck to get it to "eject" and even then it only pops out just a little because the contacts are up and prevents the door from opening. I managed to get the door cover off, no damage done there, just easier to see. Also notice that the door is open, I pushed down on the read assembly and then ejected, but you can understand how time consuming and annoying that would be when theres a tape in there!
I'm so frustrated with this, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone.
CarterUpload

Username: Themusicman

Post Number: 2
Sorry, everyone, I forgot to post the model and #, it's a Helix HX-7811. Nothing special, but it's what I got and I would like to get it fixed. Thanks again everyone.

Bronze Member
Username: Dvautier

Bellevue, Wa Usa

Post Number: 33
I suppose my answer is to get another unit because these things are flying around Goodwill like pancakes. I suppose this seems like a glib answer. After all I spent many hours working on my three head Sasnsui D-550M cassette player so I have no room to talk. I found out that the take up mechanism was not taking up so I fixed it by removing the knurls on one of the take up reel driver spindles. your problem seems to be more complex.

Username: Computerlen

Oshawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 5
Is it too late to suggest replacing all belts? Especially the flywheel belt.

Username: Waqnis

Sunnyvale, California USA

Post Number: 2
I have problem with a cassette deck (Sony TC-WR701ES. The ejection mechanism has stopped working. The tape drives work, go forward and back.
Posted an entry under "Sony TC-WR701ES" but omitted broader description. Realized that it is not going to draw much attention.

Seeking help. Kindly assist if you know of the cause/solution for this.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us