Desperate help !

Unregistered guest
I have a Technics SA-GX690 Home theatre surround sound system that I bought in '96. It has been very good to me up until now. All of a sudden when the unit is on for a few hours, maybe less, it will shut itself off and "overload..turn unit off" scrolls across the LCD display. It only does this when I "turn the sound up and a few seconds later it shuts itself off". If I watch a movie with the sound really low to where I can barely hear it it is ok. I am wondering if it is heating up too much and it is powering itself off because of it? I also noticed that the cooling fan doesnt work anymore also, and I dont know why that is not working. I hooked up another fan to it and it wont work. I would love some input before I take it somewhere and pay money to get it fixed. is there another place inside the unit i could power a fan up to in case the part where the current one is hooked up to isnt working for whatever reason? I was thinking of buying a fan and putting it on the heat sink to see if that helps but I can't coninue it that way from that point forward with the top off. Any help would be appreciated. thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us