Budget transport to replace oppo 970

Username: Ravink

Post Number: 1
Hello all,

Some background info, heres my current setup

Marantz PM4001,Monitor Audio Bronze B1 and a Citypulse DAC. Currently the source is an Oppo 970HD.

On a whim i connected an old JVC hi fi that had digital out and was amazed at the difference in sound.The sound lost its boom,bass was tight and the highs were clean where as with the oppo it was harsh sounding.

Thing is the jvc is very old and falling apart so would like to get something else to use as a transport.

Am from South India and Marantz and Denon are easily accessible so am currently looking at the CD5001 and the Denon DCD-500AE

From what I have read online the Marantz has a very narrow soundstage and sharp highs while the Denon is warmer and full sounding (but made in China?)

So was hoping if I could get some one to point me in the right direction to go especially since the players are only available on order and I cant demo them.

Cambridge audio is also available so I could have a look at that. but for now if i had to choose between the above whats the way to go ?

I did read the other thread about replacing the source or getting better speakers. It was a good read but i think i'll give my speakers a chance and try getting a proper transport.

cheers and sorry for the long post.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us