Bronze Member
Username: Avnovice

AL

Post Number: 19
The Outlaw site states that the 990

"Digitally Re-Masters PCM to 192 /24"

How is that different from
"192 kHz 24-bit DAC's for all channels"

The 970 does not state anything about the digital remastering comment, only the DAC's.

Thanks in advance.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11259

I'd have to read the literature once again to be certain, but stating you use "192 kHz 24-bit DAC's for all channels" doesn't imply upsampling on any source material It merely implies your DAC's have more headroom than required to process a 16 bit signal.

Bronze Member

AL

Post Number: 20
Thanks Jan.

A bit off topic, but in one of your prior posts you recommended to someone that they should also listen to a MOSFET preamp if they were interested in tubes...

Other than B&K ( and maybe Parasound? - not sure), will you list a few brands for me with MOSFET preamps and surround processors?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11267

Sorry, I don't have that information. You'll have to do some research unless others can provide brand names.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2088
Adcom may do MOSFET preamps. I know they used MOSFET in their power amps.

Bronze Member

AL

Post Number: 21
Thanks,

I'll keep searching. Just want to hear one or two.

I've found a few integrated amps w/ MOSFET designs....nothing other than B&K for surround processors.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 8639
av, just wondering...what is the attraction of the fet array that interests you so?

Bronze Member

AL

Post Number: 22
Just curious about the sound.

Thinking about the upgrade path and I want to hear what I can along the way. I don't really know anything special about the FETs of any variety. I've read some good oohs and ahhs about the Creek Integrated with MOSFETs... probably has more to do with Mr. Creek than Mr. FET.

My general idea for the upgrade path is for the two channel suff; get a new/better source, either Rotel 1072 combined with Rotel pre or Rega with a nice integrated. Surround processor interests me for later - just curious if anyone makes a reasonably priced one with MOSFETs. I'm not even gonna consider the B&K. Too much for the surround cost.
I want to put the emphasis on the two channel...will likely get the outlaw 970 (990 is too big) someday.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 8657
Keep poking around, av.
The 2 channel stuff can be very rewarding, unless movies are your thing.

I use my stereo to great rewards for films.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us