Need some help on an amp

Anonymous

i have 2 4ohm DVC subs that are 500 rms each, i need to find an amp thast either stable at 1 ohm, 800-1000 watts, or has about 800-1000 watts at 4 ohms. not looking to spend a whole lot either, maybe a good deal at $350, or cheaper would be even better. need quality too though, i know whats good and whats not, i just cant seem to find what im looking for. thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Lockaudio801

Post Number: 84
Man, I don't even have em` specs for my amp and it costs me $6,000.00 for $350.00 I dunno maybe in another life.
Good Hunting!

Anonymous

right now, i crapping gold nuggets and i'll give you $350 worth when you find an amp at that price that meets those specs.

jraudio
Unregistered guest
All i can say to get a good 2ch amp is the KENWOOD KAC-7251 2ch 800watt with bass booster...runs up to 160 dollors...realy good.. just bought one for two mtx 12"s in a dual vt box...heres the site http://www.millionbuy.com/kenkac7251.html

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 568
Anon:

I am going to assume you want an amp for home application as you are not in the right section for car audio.

You seem to have no idea what you are doing, so let me give you a start. Get a separate amp for each sub. Specifically, a dedicated subwoofer amp, rated at 250 watts into 4 ohms, which should be plenty of power. Only costs $140 each. Here is the link:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=300-793

Now, if you do intend this for a car, try re-posting in the car audio section below. But the fact remains, you should still get a separate amp for each channel, even in a car.

Unregistered guest
I have a kicker 400.1 amp and 1 kicker comp VR, do I need to bridge or is the mono already bridged? Also how do the ohms work? my subwoofer is dual voice coil at 4 ohms

swampcat
Unregistered guest
An adcom gfa555II can be bridged as a mono block and put out 850 watts into 4ohms (600 into 8 ohms). These go for @ 400 on ebay used. They claim to be able to drive 1ohm loads in stereo mode, dont know about as mono block. Go to adcom.com and email them for this info. They will answer you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us