How to extract audio files from unfinalized CD

Username: Divinenupe

Wichita, Kansas USA

Post Number: 1
I am a pastor at a church. We utilize a Sony CD Recorder to record all sermons. Last Sunday, we had an awesome sermone that is being requested like crazy. The problem: the cd recorder will not finalize the CD (we keep getting an "Incomplete!" message whenever we attempt to finalize it). The CD plays back with no problem, so I know the sermon was recorded to the disk. However, since the CD is unfinalized the audio data is unrecognized in regular CD players and PC CD-ROMS.

How can I extract (I assume I'm using the correct terminology) the audio files off of the unfinalized CD? I'm hoping I can somehow salvage the message and place on another CD for distribution. Please help!!!!!

Username: John_littlebrook

DC

I have a similar situation. I recorded a couple of church services on my Marantz hard disc recorder. I hit power, record, play and at the end, stop. Unfortunately I did not answer when the machine asked Make CD now? (Y or N) I suspect that the machine did not finalize the data into a named file, but that the data is still on the hard drive. How can I retrieve the data to burn a CD? Thanks, Tom

Bronze Member
Username: Edwarl

Melbourne, Victoria Australia.

Post Number: 51
Hi Friends.
Did either/both problems get solved.
Time heals all wounds.
Or wounds all 'heels'. (?)
I believe in old-fasioned tape devices for that sort of application.
Even the audio input to a VCR. It is less complex.
We've got too smart - not clever -perhaps.
email me if you wish.
Laurie. (in Australia.)

Username: John_littlebrook

DC

Post Number: 2
I downloaded a Disk Internals recovery tool for $39.99. It did absolutely nothing! It couldn't even find the .wav file on my hard drive recorder.

Username: Doorz

Post Number: 4
Try using a PC CD/DVD burner and a common CD-burn program like nero to finalize the CD-R or try to 'rip' the unfinalized CD (USING A CD OR DVD BURNER, NOT A CD OR DVD-ROM DRIVE)to Harddisk as 'wav' files, then burn to CD-R. I managed to salvage my unfinalized recorings like that.
Moreso i recommend using a CD-RW disc to record and then copy to PC for editing, track splitting, etc

Username: Origmnd

if u used another model of cdr recorder ..would they be able to be finalized?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us