NAD 1020 RCA Jacks broke

Username: Fstarsinic

Post Number: 2
One of the phono rca plugs on the back of my pre-amp broke off. Now what? Is there a simple way to repair or replace with some newer technology connectors? Are rca jacks still the standard?

I guess I'm going to have to do some soldering?
I could steal one of the tape jacks that I won't be using, I suppose.

Or I could buy a phono-pre-amp and use a different input such as Aux?

I have not used this pre-amp in 20 years.
I use it with a Hafler DH-200.

Thanks and sorry about the duplicate thread.

Post Number: 4
I decided to remove one of the RCA jacks from the tape output and solder it where the lost jack was.

I cannot ever see myself using a tape recorder on this system and even less possible would be recording to tape so I thought that would be a likely candidate. it all seemed to go well.

I guess I'll find out when my record player arrives next week. I guess I need to go out and buy a record or 2.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11748

We're not trying to ignore you, Frank. Swapping jacks is probably the best you could have done. You bought a table without having any LP's?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9225
Attboy Frank.
Man after my own heart/head.

Replacement jacks are widely available, should you decide to changeout the lot, partsexpress.com have them in bags of 20.

Post Number: 7
You bought a table without having any LP's?

Yes, did i admit that somewhere? I'm not sure I meant to :-)

I never liked the way the 1020 had the jacks cantilevered out there. More convenient but it never seemed very secure to me.

I'm off to partsexpress.com to see what they've got. Thanks!

Post Number: 8
Well I went to partsexpress and I see lots of jacks but the NAD jacks are strange looking and I didn't see any match. Not that I expected to. I'm not sure how I would get a standard replacement jack to work without quite a bit of effort such as drilling holes, etc. I don't trust myself to start modifying PC boards and the word "chassis" scares me. Maybe I did the best I could given my meger skills. Who knows. Maybe the job I did won't have worked. I guess I will know when I try out the rega p1 with my non-existent collection of LPs.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9228
They sound very 'light' and 'airy' that way.
Hit the library and check out some vinyl there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us