Rotel vs NAD separates

Username: Calto

Post Number: 3
I am considering these 2 setup. A rotel RCP1068/RMB1075 or the NAD T163/T973 combo. The NAD are more expensive though. Which setup would be worth the $$$ in terms of sound and quality.

cheers

Username: Hoanghai2k

Melbourne, VIC Australia

Post Number: 2
i will get the rotel
cheaper ( as U said)
great look
THX cer for rmb1075
sound hard to reco from the NAD, but depand on your type of speaker and listening ...
What do U really mean by term ..quality.....????
*note that rotel has 5 yrs warranty

Username: Allen

Post Number: 6
You must hear both.Nad is warm, mellow and less detail while the Rotel is bright, very detail and sounds lean.

good luck

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 695
I have both NAD and Rotel setups in different rooms and Lhendong is exactly right--they sound different and it really comes down to what sound do you prefer. Also, what speakers are you driving? For example, I like JMlabs cobalt speakers, but paired with a Rotel is one legitimate definition of hell. The Rotel is lean and surgical in its presentation and paired with Cobalts, it would be extremely bright sounding. But, with a more relaxed sounding speaker such as Paradigm or my Heybrooks, the Rotel is great. The NAD is much more warm sounding and handles difficult speaker impedences much better (such as Dynaudios and Totems). It will also produce more power, in fact, a lot more power (if that is important to you).

This may not mean anything to you, but Rotel is like Davies Symphony Hall in San Francisco and NAD sounds like Carnegie Hall in New York.

Bronze Member
Username: Angello

Post Number: 46
about rotel and jmlabs can't agree more with Hawk.
not understand what you try to tell with halls hawk...

Silver Member

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 718
Angello:

Sorry about that. I have had the opportunity to hear concerts at both halls and both are frequently used in classical recordings. I tried to use that as an example of how the electronics sound differently, but I should have known it was a bit too remote to make the point. Davies Hall is known for its rather clean, almost clinical sound and Carnegie is the very definition of warmth as the reflective surfaces are all in the right places to reinforce the sound from the performers. Some people prefer Carnegie and some prefer Davies. That was all I meant.

Silver Member
Username: Dfantom32

Irvine, CA USA

Post Number: 110
Sorry to jump to this thread guys but I have a questions and it seems that kind of related with this topic...

I just want to know if there's a difference in terms of sound quality between AVR + AMP and Pre/Pro + AMP? What I mean is what are the advantage & disadvantage between AVR & Pre/Pro? Because my friend has SR7500 and planning to buy a RMB-1075(rotel) to match it but he's thinking if it's ok to keep his AVR or replace it with RSP-1068 (rotel)or any pre/pro unit.
ANy inputs will be a big help.

Thanks!
:-):-):-)

Silver Member

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 859
Adrian:

I see no reason why your friend couldn't use his AVR as a pre/pro and power an external 5 channel amp. I have considered doing this myself. However, I do wonder why as the Rotel and his Marantz are almost exactly the same power. Does he simply prefer the sound of the Rotel?

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3515
The setup would sound light years better with the pre/pro and amp but he can use his receiver and the external amp and it will be an improvement over his present setup.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3854
Adrian, I did the same thing about 2 yrs ago. I added a 5 channel Rotel amp(100w) onto a H/K avr55 and fount a real improvement in speed of delivery. Not much else.

Fast forward to your friends setup.
That Marantz, regardless of power, is vastly superior to my 10 yr old avr.
I cannot see any profit in the deal at all.
Considering power, I see even less, only appearance value, especially if the interface is with cheap cables.

Pre/amp, most definately.

Username: Rabbitgrey

PORTO, PORTO PORTUGAL

Post Number: 5
Could you answer this question for me, please ?

The next step of a preamp Nad PP2 (audio system Nad 352CT + Rega P2 /denon DL 110 / + Ikon 2) a better one but not very expensive, it's the preamp ?.... Thanks for your time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us