CD Recorder (Burn Data CDs?)

Anonymous
Does anyone know of an audio CD Recorder on the market that can use regular Data type blank CDs (like the ones you can use for recording on a computer)?

Alex
Some can, but most require the music ones. I think it has something to do with the RIAA. They're the same exact thing, but the Music CDs have some sort of key that tells the recorder it is more expensive. :P

Alex
BTW, it's cheaper to buy a CD burner for a computer than one of those stereo system ones... And I see you have a computer so that shouldn't be a problem. Check WalMart, I got a 52x burner for $60 there. Works great.

Anonymous
I have serveral computers all with CD burners and two with DVD burners, But in this case I want to copy audio tapes (audio books). I have tried it through two different systems, my Mac and my PC. The PC had on board audio it it sounded awful, so I went out an got an expensive Roland audio capture device ($250) from a music supply store. It didn't sound that much better. Tried it on the Mac too, it was better but not great, so I returned it. I didn't want to spend anymore than $250.

I figure I can get a used home or profesional audio CD recorder on eBay for a lot less than $250. I guess I'll just have to live with expensive audio CDRs for my conversion.

G-Man
I think you will, unless you can find an old CD recorder that is very slow, but might not have the music industries "Flag" on it. Recorders for years have had this "flag" to make you use music cd's. Thank your music industry lobby.

Anonymous
I have a problem burning copies from my burned copies on my computer. Here's what happens. I burn a CD with songs from various original CD's. Then, I want to add a song or two from another original CD to this compilation, and maybe eliminate a few songs from this combination. When I burn this newest CD I notice a few problems. I'm missing the first few notes of the first song. Also, the counter hasn't ended for one song before the next song begins. The CD text for the next song title doesn't display until the song is about 30 seconds into the track. I'm using the Roxio software and I put 2 second transitions between the tracks whn I burn them. Any ideas?

Anonymous
.."The PC had on board audio it it sounded awful.."

Yes, this is partly why I use a dedicated audio CD recorder. Who out there has reviewed the audio fidelity specs on their audio card (the input side, not just the distortion specs for the output)?

Plus, often music capture software uses compression (MP2 or MP3) which reduces fidelity.

Computers are made for computing, not high-end audio. If you're downloading MP3's, then of course the computer is the right tool. If you want audiophile results in copying uncompressed music to CD, stick with audio equipment.

Username: Edison

Post Number: 117
For a computer one, try the Yamaha. Use EAC program to copy in 2x speed (slower the better). Use Taiyo Yuden CDr - not CDr sound alike.

Username: Edison

Post Number: 118
EAC can be gotten free on the web here - The best sounding and free - there are good things in life.

http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

Anonymous

I'd like to slow down my cd burning, less than 4x, 'cause I need to upgrade a house appliance.
How can I do it, my cd burners do not accept less than 8x?

Unregistered guest
I tried to burn data onto a blank cd. The information burned, the file was created, but I cannot open it. The information says, "use another file name" and takes me to the program where the data was created. I need the cd so that I can take it to the printer, but it looks like I won't be able to open it. Help, anyone!

Anonymous

I would like to record professional lectures and music from audio tapes to CD's. I have a CD burner in my computer and a separate tape deck. Is there a program or piece of equipment that will do this? I have little technological expertise [I am a psychotherapist]; consequently, the simpler the better. Thankyou.

helpme
Unregistered guest
I am trying to burn photos onto a cd. Can anyone tell me how to do it. Thanx

Anonymous

Similar question to ' helpme' re transferring photos to CD-r. I have just tried it and only got 16 onto the disc tobe informed that it was full.
I was told that a cd disc held much more than that.
Where am I going wrong?

Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 12:43 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does anyone know of an audio CD Recorder on the market that can use regular Data type blank CDs (like the ones you can use for recording on a computer)?

Unregistered guest
Can someone tell me why suddenly my CD burner can't record data but music. I haven't changed the setting or anything.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us