Is there freeware for ripping CDs in PCM format?

Silver Member
Username: Cheapskate

Post Number: 148
i have been going in circles trying to find a program that will let me create CD compilations with my PC and CD-R that are in the same PCM format that the CD tracks were originally recorded in, yet it's virtually impossible to find such software. i'd also like to digitize many of my vintage 12" singles into compilation CDs.

i looked into one program that called itself "perfect CD copies", yet with further reading found that it too created files in darned WAV and especially evil MP3 formats!

how can a copy be perfect if it's in an entirely different format?

i tried ripping CD tracks using NERO, but it must convert to some other format, as my onkyo DVD player refused to play them and nero wouldn't let me record from more than one CD at a time anyways which defeated the purpose i intended anyways.

i need a program that will let me rip tracks to my hard drive with ABSOLUTELY NO FILE CONVERSION WHATSOEVER and then create a standard redbook PCM CD out of the tracks and that will run on a win98se PC.

i'd be willing to buy such a program, but i'll be buying a mac mini soon along with high end multitrack recording, sequencing, synthesis and effects etc. programs, but for now, i'd just like to get the CDR that i bought for my PC to do what i actually bought it for and not convert my audio tracks into formats that i'd just love to wipe from the face of the planet forever.

PLEASE:
does anyone know of CD creating freeware that actually creates CDs? real CDs... not bastardized format coasters.

i'd also like the ability to match volume between tracks. i'd even more like to be able to do mixes and fades etc. but for now would settle for a simple track by track copy program. it would be nice to not have to play one CD at a time for one song only for a change.

i've set 20GB aside on my hard drive just for creating compiltion CDs. one OTHER reason that i will not tolerate any sort of format changing is because of signal degredation when i eventually get around to creating mashups from the master recordings that i've made. that will have to wait until i get the mac apparently as there is virtually no DJ software available for w98 anymore anyways.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us