Berny, for your information....

Silver Member
Username: Varney

BirminghamEngland, UK

Post Number: 321
This post, I have moved in order to keep the thread clear for those who would rather discuss BOSE than experience my final statement to Berny's rather distracting behaviour.

Berny, that is so predictable. Yes, I'm name calling like an 11 yr old would. Or perhaps in this case it's more of a slang term which sums you up very well. I have respect for anyone who admits to physical m'bation. It's a very noble gentleman's hobby. M'bation of the intellectual kind is an area you had best stay out of, for the reason that it suggests your mind only works in one direction - up and down.

"So,you really don't know how the USAF does business?"

I don't believe you ever doubted that I didn't.

So let's see what we've achieved here.... You are enjoying this far too much to deserve being spoken to as an adult, but here goes anyway. I don't think this warrants my time off today, but I'll level with you finally by saying a mere contradiction would have been welcomed, had it not been peppered so with obnoxius psuedo-intellectual taunts - which were obviously designed to attack my credibility, rather than take direct issue with the point being made, which I've always been ready to admit was a coloured qoute.

You suggest I bring Kano into the fray. So you see this is a fray. I personally don't. That's the way you see it. It's obvious your intention was to cause one from the outset by the manner of your questioning. If you gain satisfaction from this, then I'm afraid I pity you.

"There really is no need to get mad. I'm just asking you a few questions, because you seem to want to sound like an authority on USAF contracts."

An awfully transparent statement, which if I'm not very mistaken, shows the ideal intended result is to make someone 'mad'. Since it didn't work, you continue to dig to try and salvage the attempt. It's the sort of socially inept episode I'd expect from a pre-teen-ager, not a mature person in an audio forum. Just how old are you, by the way? I may, for all I know, not be giving due credit to an 11 yr old for trying - and I'd hate to be found guilty of that.

You clearly go to great effort to exploit my sentence:
"I'd also suggest that if you wish to make a critical evaluation of the article posted by both Kano and myself....,"
again, towards the manufacture of evidence against my personal credibility. It should be clear to you now that this was not only misguided, but ineffective. I refered to the fact that both Kano and myself posted the document. I did not allude to any statements Kano had made - just the fact we both posted the article. Nothing more.

My apologies to Kano for talking about you in this post. This has nothing at all to do with you, but thankyou for originally posting the document anyway.

But the best examples have to be:
"You got called on your statements and you just plain hated it. " and " I asked YOU a few questions! My, oh my, your ego got really bruised!"
which make your intentions very clear. I don't think I really need to expand on this, other than to say it's the most transparent display of ego-wanking I've seen in a long time. The fact that it didn't work may have bruised yours, perhaps - but then, how a person such as yourself feels is of very little consequence to me when I could be conversing with others with much greater debating potential.

I never have respect for those who try to apologise insincerely in this manner:
"Im really sorry if I irritated you, but I just wanted to ask the question about how you know things regarding the USAF"
You, Berny, couldn't care less if I know anything about BOSE, the USAF, or the Annual Icelandic Igloo-Building Championships. I think we both know what you were more concerned with here.

But I will be kind to you now and tell you how pissed off I was to read:
"Relax and try not to take it too personally!"
When all you have been doing all along is to stir in me quite the opposite. And THAT, my friend, is why you are reading this. Because THAT and Yorskshire Terriers with an incessant need for attention, (especially when wet) are sure to annoy me every time. I hope that you are now happy with that.

Questioning and contradiction in this forum benefits all involved because that is how people learn about products and principles. If the question is directed with the pure intention to make a fool out of someone, then it might as well take any form, be about anything, including semantics and misqoutes - but all that is achieved at the end of the day is a sum of text which others must wade through until they get to the issue they are really interested in. To try and spark extraneous arguments out of a person, on the basis of pedantics, to me is not productive to anyone in this forum, unless of course your main purpose is to see how far you can push someone's buttons for your own gratification.

In which case, I strongly recommend you go and do it somewhere else.

V

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest

Gee, Varney, and they say I write a lot.

Silver Member

BirminghamEngland, UK

Post Number: 323
Yeah, well sometimes you have to spell it out to some people before they get the point.

:-)

V

Bronze Member
Username: Ca_convert

CardiffUK

Post Number: 97
Succinctly put there Varney. I'm dreading the day that a hi-fi enthusiast who happens to be a lawyer by day and a raging psycho by night will bring to this gentle place :-)

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2691
Wow, you sure use the word m'bation a lot! I take it you are a noble gentleman?

Talk about incessant need for attention. You actually started a whole thread with my name on the title to boot.

You say you are ticked off! Good, that is exactly my intention!

When you start spewing off garbage about the USAF and how they use "unquestioning stupidity"...that was uncalled for. And yes, it is about that particular comment that made me push your buttons. Notice that I keep going back to that USAF remark. Can you now guess what I do for a living?

You'd have caught on to that, but you are right, sometimes you really have to spell it out to some people.

Bronze Member

CardiffUK

Post Number: 99
I cant guess what you do Berny, other than work for a massive "global corporation". Heck you could even just be a pilot for all we know ;)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2692
Good try ca_convert! I guess I do work for a massive "global corporation".
However, I am not a pilot. I'm just part of a group that try to bring them back home:-)

Bronze Member

CardiffUK

Post Number: 100
well thats just great. But I bet that if you polled the pilots, they would tell you that Bose stuff is crap, right?

Our boys do anyway (and they can make do with a compass)

ca_convert ex pilot signing out.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2696
hehehe...Bose is crap...I never contested that. So, are you an Airman for the RAF? I've lost a bet and a case of Guiness to one of your jockeys. I bet him he couldn't make me lose my lunch in his plane. Big mistake, he took me in for a carrier landing...oy! Lost my lunch and the dinner I haven't had.

cheers...ex-pilot or not, you guys have my respect, no matter how much we brawl.:-)

Silver Member

CardiffUK

Post Number: 102
I never managed to land the 737 on a ship.

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

Post Number: 131
hahahaha....ca, i would love to be on the plane when you attempt that. at one point i was training to get my pilot's license and always wondered if the $1000 for a bose headset was worth it.

Silver Member

CardiffUK

Post Number: 106
Chris,

It IS possible with MS FS98. It was corrected with later versions, and of course you cannot decelerate even small jet such as the Embraer without it disintegrating. I still find the MS flight sim "games" great fun. Ive never flown a Harrier, and i doubt its anywhere near as easy with the computer versions, but fun all the same. Apologies to any Argentinian folks reading this of course, but hey we are friends now, right?

To be honest, I have never noticed who made the headsets, more concerned about the 747's from the far eastern / asian airlines that couldnt speak english...:-) (or even read their HSI's correctly..)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2698
Everybody would probably lose more than their lunch on that.

Christopher Lee,
$1000 for the Bose headset is a bit overblown. I asked a C-130 loadmaster about his Bose headset and he said that they were still evaluating it and costs a little over $200. He says that it works well and he can communicate better but, the vibration is still there. It doesn't feel like you are cut-off as when you wear earplugs together with insulated headsets. Another down side is that you have to constantly change the batteries.

I haven't tried it, the only hearing protection that's required for us cargo are ear plugs.

Silver Member

CardiffUK

Post Number: 108
and a bullshit deflector..

Silver Member

BirminghamEngland, UK

Post Number: 325
The kiddie thinks:

"Talk about incessant need for attention. You actually started a whole thread with my name on the title to boot."

I merely built a nice sand pit for him to play in. Thought it might keep him good for a few hours.
Seems I was right.

V

Silver Member

BirminghamEngland, UK

Post Number: 329
One gets the impression he's hoping to impress someone with his level of inside knowledge.

It also makes one wonder if a jet fighter between his legs might not make up for a few things, or whether he'd rather be pushing bigger buttons for a living. It's a rather chilling thought.

V
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us