Is that a good receiver ??? JVC RX-6030V ? Please help !! URGENT !!!

Username: Alexandermow

Post Number: 2
Key Features:

Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby Pro Logic II
100 watts x 2 (stereo) into 8 ohms (40-20,000 Hz) at 0.8% THD -- or 100 x 5 in surround mode
JVC AV CompuLink
subwoofer output
5 DAP modes
component video switching (2 in, 1 out, 35MHz bandwidth)
digital inputs: 1 optical, 1 coaxial
3 audio, 2 A/V inputs (including one 5.1-channel)
no phono input
1 set main speaker outputs
fluorescent front-panel display with dimmer
multibrand-for-video remote
30 FM/15 AM presets
17-1/16"W x 5-13/16"H x 17-1/16"D
warranty: 2 years

Bronze Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Post Number: 29
Price Range: $137.95 - $199.99
It's 5.1 and not 6.1.
It weights 19.5 lbs (not heavy at all).
THD is rated at 0.8% and not 0.08%
Power is not rated with all channels at the same time.

The above is typical of the price range. Nothing to get excited about but better than HTIB gear.

But I've never heard it. My brother bought one recently as a video switch and had to return it because he made a mistake and it didn't have enough inputs. He got the Panasonic SAHE75K which is in the same price and quality range. You might want to look at it too.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 221
In this price range I would look at the Onkyo 501 refurbished from J&R Music World for $169.88. Comes with a 90 warranty which isn't great but for the money hard to beat.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Now that you mention it elitefan, that is a good point.
But how about the harman/kardon AVR 125, factory-refurbished for $179 at www.ecost.com (with free shipping)? Try to get 192kHz/24-bit digital-to-analog converters for less than that! ;-)

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 222
Peter,
You have come up with another good alternative. Both much better than the JVC IMO. I think I would prefer the H/K but either is good for such little money.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Hey, that's what we're here for! :-)

I'm very thankful for the help I received here the last two weeks leading to my h/k order yesterday, so I'm glad to give something back. (It's a similar community spirit than found in free software development, e.g. linux)

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Post Number: 313
Alexander:

Let me tell you a secret: you can always tell a crummy receiver when it specifies its frequency response between 40 and 20,000 Hz. Any quality receiver with a half-way decent output stage will do 20-20,000 Hz. It doesn't matter whether you have speakers that go that low or not. Whenever I see the frequency response begin at 40, I know it's junk because they have used crummy parts to build it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us