Can an HDCD burn to HDCD? or does it burn to normal redbook?

Anonymous

Hello,
If I burn an HDCD, does the burned CD retain all the info on the HDCD,
or
does it burn the normal redbook CD level of info?

thanks

Anonymous

Yes, if you use an audio cd recorder that can do that. My is a PHILIPS CDR-800 and do that. I tested it creating copies of some HDCD's and when I have put those copies on my computer cd-rom drive it has displayed on windows media player as a HDCD. In the PHILIPS' advertisement, they said that all their new cd recorders, from the award winner CDR-950 till the latest models could copy HDCD and DTS information to the burned CD's. However you need as in the case of the original cd's a HDCD compatible player to listen the full resolution of the burned Cd's.
I'm not sure if other manufacturers can do that, but I think that SONY audio cd recorders and PIONEER ones can also do that.

Anonymous

When, I said that I think that SONY and PIONEER audio cd recorders can also do that, I'm referring to the fact that they probably can also preserve the HDCD and DTS information of the originals but, as in the PHILIPS case, they don't have a HDCD decoder, so you couldn't use them as HDCD players but just as HDCD burners. To HDCD players try a DENON, I have listenned that they are good.

Silver Member
Username: Black_math

Post Number: 106
My computer seems to keep the HDCD encoding when I copy an HDCD encoded original.

Username: Phairoj

Post Number: 2
Is it possible to make a completely identical copy of an audio CD?
My Sony SCD-XB940 cd player refuses to play a copy of audio cd made by using CD Burner!!

Silver Member
Username: Black_math

Post Number: 148
I use Nero on my computer. It has a Disk copy option. I am not sure about stand alone burners,

Username: Phairoj

Post Number: 3
The Disk copy option doesn't seem to be able to make an identical copy of the original disk. There must be some different because my Sony SCD-XB940 still cannont read it!!

Gwynd
Unregistered guest
Either the laser is having trouble reading CDR's, DVD players often do (CDR's create less light to read)I'm not sure about SACD, or you could try using a copy of cloneCD which I find works better than Nero

Unregistered guest
Is it posible to make HDCD yourself ( Own Music production)
What do i need and where to find it ?

Rumex Denmark
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us