The T431s successfully blends productivity and portability. However, it’s not perfect, and...
AT&T Selling Kindle 3G with Special Offers
AT&T will begin selling the Amazon Kindle 3G with Special Offers eReader in AT&T company-owned retail stores nationwide for $139, beginning August 21, 2011.
Kindle 3G with Special Offers, which connects over the AT&T mobile broadband network as well as Wi-Fi, allows users to download books and periodicals in less than 60 seconds. The convenience of 3G comes with no monthly fees, data plans, or annual contracts.
Kindle 3G with Special Offers, which connects to AT&T's mobile broadband network as well as Wi-Fi, wirelessly downloads books, magazines, newspapers, blogs and personal documents to a 6-inch, high-resolution electronic paper display that looks and reads like real paper.
The new Kindle Textbook Rental feature enables students to lighten their textbook load while saving up to 80 percent off textbook list prices by renting from the Kindle Store. Kindle Textbook Rental offers the ability to customize rental periods to any length between 30 and 360 days, so students only pay for the specific amount of time they need a book.
"With Kindle 3G, you never have to find or pay for a Wi-Fi hotspot — you simply download and read books anytime, anywhere," said Mike McKenna, Vice President, Amazon Kindle. "We're excited that AT&T will be offering its customers Kindle 3G with Special Offers. They will get all the features readers love about Kindle 3G — free 3G wireless, global wireless access, Pearl electronic ink display that's easy to read even in bright sunlight, access to over 950,000 'Buy Once, Read Everywhere' Kindle books, plus money-saving special offers."
Kindle 3G with Special Offers includes all the same features that helped make the third-generation Kindle the No. 1 bestselling e-reader in the world:
- Free 3G wireless, no annual contracts, no monthly fees
- Global 3G coverage means books in under 60 seconds in over 100 countries and territories
- Paper-like Pearl electronic ink display, no glare even in bright sunlight
- Lightweight body for hours of comfortable reading with one hand
- Kindle Store with over 950,000 books – largest selection of the most popular books
- Seamless integration with free "Buy Once, Read Everywhere" Kindle apps for iPad, iPod touch, iPhone, Android, PC, Mac, BlackBerry, Windows Phone, HP TouchPad, and now web browsers with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Of course, you can still buy the Kindle 3G direct from Amazon.com for $139 as well.