Home > Add Reviews - Bulk Import Method (Last Updated: May 20, 2010)
Add Reviews to eCoustics.comIf you own or manage a website that publishes many editorial/professional reviews about consumer electronics, then you can guarantee inclusion in our directory by complying with our import format. Plus it's FREE!!!
- Create a tab delimited text file (separate each field with a
URL PRODUCT CATEGORY YOUR_SITE_NAME REVIEW_DATE
- Allow us to access your file via HTTP or FTP (e.g.
- Keep your datafile up-to-date We do the rest!
|http://www.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/1/4282.html||Yamaha RX-V740 6.1-channel Receiver||Surround Receivers||eCoustics||200308|
|http://www.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/5/7831.html||Harmony SST-659 Remote Control||Remote Controls||eCoustics||200312|
Data Field Requirements:
- URL must include http:// (e.g. http://www.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/1/4282.html)
- PRODUCT must include manufacturer & model number (e.g. Yamaha RX-V740 6.1-channel Receiver)
- CATEGORY names
should match ours (See list)
- YOUR_SITE_NAME should not have a .com or .net suffix
- REVIEW_DATE must be in
YYYYMM format (e.g. 200308 = August 2003)
- the field names should not be in the datafile
Please DO NOT submit the same url more than once
Please DO NOT submit news, how-to articles, buying guides or consumer reviews
*** ONLY EDITORIAL PRODUCT REVIEWS ON ELECTRONICS WILL BE ACCEPTED ***
Frequently Asked Questions:How long does it take to get listed?
- An editor will examine your datafile. In most cases new datafiles are approved in 1-3 days.
- Yes, as long the print output setting is set to "text".
- Yes, you can put the data into a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet
utilizing the first five columns (A-E) Then save the file as .txt by
- File --> Save As.. --> Save as type --> Text (Tab delimited)
- Here is a sample file: http://www.ecoustics.com/sample.txt
- Open your file in Excel to verify all data is in the correct column.
- No, any filename will work.
- You keep your datafile up-to-date, and our automated bot will check it everyday.
- Your current file will always replace your previous file, which keeps you in control of file updates.
FAQ - After Your Datafile is Approved:What if my reviews don't appear where I think it should be?
- Double check your datafile to make sure your entry exists.
- Make sure the category name matches one of our categories
- No, once approved, our bot will check the exact filename you tell us to.
- Our bot will overwrite your entire datafile each time we check it.
- Reviews are ordered by the most recent date first. Manipulating the review date is strictly forbidden.
- Daily (Mon-Fri).